WHERE AM I NOW: Bali, Indonesia
Diving and surfing.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Trial By Fire in Taroko Gorge

Or should I say rain.

I've arrived safely in Taiwan. But it didn't really hit me until yesterday that I was here. Once you've seen one city, you've seen them all. And for those of you who have been to Boston's Chinatown..... there would be no surprises for you in Taipei or Hualien.

Taroko Gorge was an hour or so ride outside Hualien (the largest city on the east coast). This was my first experience on a scooter. I felt like I was riding the short bus. The thing was awkward and slow and about as sexy as...well...riding the short bus. Riding in the rain was painful to say the least.

The weather let up when I arrived at the gorge, if anything, the clouds added to the atmosphere. The best part of the day was hiking down to a natural hot spring and splashing around.

2 comments:

  1. Who took that picture?? Do you have Taiwanese bf already?? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I met up with some other US kids at my hostel, so they snapped the photo for me. No Taiwanese boys for me- no thank you! The average height of the men here is about 5'7", maybe less.

    ReplyDelete