WHERE AM I NOW: Bali, Indonesia
Diving and surfing.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Got Incense?

Tainan has temples everywhere in the city! I walked around for a few hours and saw 10 different ones inside of a few hours. They cover everything from good luck, to the god of war, to fertility (Maggie's not allowed in that one), to heaven and hell.

At first, the incense was nice. And subtle. But as the day wore on and more people came to worship, the clouds grew thicker. I found myself wishing for one of those face masks that everyone wears. Or better yet, scuba gear. I may need to get my lungs scraped.
Lady Linshui's Temple

4 comments:

  1. What?? A fertility temple is exactly what I need!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I don't like the twmple culture in Taiwan.Maybe I'm bored with those temple:P
    Have fun!!!
    I'm Dennis Lan:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deniss Lan,

    Glad you checked out my blog. I hope the rest of your ride went well and you found your Dad okay :)

    Thanks again for practicing your English with me! You're really great at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I need to thank u for making my english better!i got high score in a english test called TOEIC:))
      how is ur busy life??

      Delete