WHERE AM I NOW: Bali, Indonesia
Diving and surfing.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Thank you Dad, for teaching me how to...

I got locked out of my hostel at 5am.

I had to go to the train station to buy my next ticket and because of Chinse New Year, I wanted to get there early. I figured someone would be up by the time I got back. Alas, I would be sadly mistaken.

When I was a girl, my Dad often bestowed random pieces of practical (and questionable) knowledge. I rarely asked how he learned these things; "Do as I say, not as I do," was one of his favorite warnings. So when he showed me how to open a locked door using several common items, I took the lesson to heart.

I had my pocket knife (thank you Tuck for insisting I always carry one), so I managed to get the door open with surprising ease - making me question the general safety of the place.

Next stop, Yuli.

2 comments:

  1. OMG. You seriously need a camera crew to follow you! This would make an excellent show. I swear every TV network really missed out when they decided to neglect finding out we exist when we lived together. Between the two of us we would have had the most entertaining show everrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone needs a show, its you! They could make an entire comedy show with just the things that come out of your mouth sometime...The show could be called Teppy-Libs, rather than Ad-Libs, and people would compete to guess what crazy thing you were going to say next.

    ReplyDelete