WHERE AM I NOW: Bali, Indonesia
Diving and surfing.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Sexy and I know it

After a long day hiking around in 90degree weather, you want a shower. Or an ice bath.

When I got back to my hostel, I realized I'd lost the key to my locker. 'No problem,' I thought to myself, 'The front desk will have a key.' After a few moments, someone came up with a ring of keys and tried them one by one on the lock. None of them worked. And so they disappeared and a few minutes later came back with another ring of keys. Again, none of them worked. They gave me a wave and disappeared again.

After another 10 minutes, they returned. This time, they had only a screw driver and scissors. Oh wonderful. Now, half an hour had passed and I'm running late for drinks with that unfairly attractive Argentinian.

I've got to shower, so I beg some shampoo off another backpacker and hop in the shower. As soon as I'm done, I realize I don't have a towel. With no other options, I sacrafice an entire roll of toilet paper to drying myself as much as I can.

Kerfuffled, moist, and makeup-free. I maked my way to our rondezvous point. No sooner do I sit down then the Argentinian leans over, plucks a small white crumble of paper off my back and asks 'What's this?'.


No comments:

Post a Comment